Autism is considered a spectrum disorder by standard medicine. Spectrum disorders are defined as a group of conditions that have similar features but may present an autism symptom in different ways. There are several types of treatments that can be use as alternative treatments, which is:
- Autism Diet and Nutrition
- The Autism Research Institute asserts that nutritional treatments have shown great success in autism treatments. They suggests for an autism diet avoiding yeast, glutens, casein and any allergens. The Chinese medical diet is determined by flavor (pungent, sweet, and salty), temperature and action on the body. Central to the philosophy and practice of Chinese medicine, it is thought that many, if not most, of our health problems are related to imbalances in our diet. Dietary therapy, by creating a healthy autism diet, helps patients treat illness and maintain health. The general rule in Chinese diet therapy is, “Warm foods restore balance. Just go to the center and forget either extreme.”
- All vegetables, particularly root vegetables, are considered warming. Suggested vegetables include: acorn squash, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, pumpkins, kale, spinach, Swiss chard, collard greens, mustard greens, sweet potatoes, yams, turnips, radishes, carrots, button mushrooms and scallions. Grains such as brown rice, white rice, amaranth, millet, barley and quinoa are beneficials. Suggested legumes include Lima, navy, adzuki, kidney and lentil beans. Many animal proteins such as chicken or turkey are also considered warming, but should be additive, hormone and antibiotic free.
- Most specialists suggest removing one food item at a time from the diet. Monitoring behavior after the removal of certain foods can help determine the best nutritional plan for each individual.
- Acupuncture and Massage
- Autism treatment with acupuncture or massage can be difficult undertaking. It can take time for a child to adjust to touch treatments, but the benefits that have been discovered through studies and by practitioners may well be worth any required patience.
- Acupuncture has made incredible strides in treating autism. Its efficacy can possibly be explained through the medical theory that autism is in part a neuroendocrine dysfunction and a result of the incorrect production of opioids.
- Herbal Medicine
- Neuro Acupuncture and Special Neuro Herbal Powder have been very effective for reducing their autism symptoms. Special herbal brain powder are planted and mixed by the Chinese Master. In the past twenty years, this treatment had shown the effective result. A lot of foreigner came to Malaysia to seek for Neuro Acupuncture and Herbal Brain Powder treatment for their child. Intensive treatment will show the better result. Autism cannot be cured but symptoms can be reduced by the Neuro Acupuncture and Herbal Brain Powder treatment.